Due to current conditions, we are only able to serve the most critical of pediatric cases at MUSC Children’s Hospital, which means our number of guests is far fewer than normal; at this time, we only need 6 meals a night- a stark contrast from the typical 60!
Weekends are the most difficult meals to fill, so I’ve created a SignUp Genius (link below). RMHC Charleston is deeply committed to serving our community, so if you would like to provide a meal on one of the suggested dates, please consider using a local restaurant, especially in light of the most recent downtown Charleston events. Here are the specifications for having food delivered to the House in order to keep everyone safe:
- All meals must be in individual “To Go” containers; groups will need to order 6 individual meals
- Food should be delivered at approximately 5:30 pm for dinner at 6:00 pm
- Hot meals should be delivered closer to 6:00 pm if possible
- Your group is in charge of signing up, contacting the restaurant, ordering, paying for the meal, and delivery to the House. This will be recorded just like your Volunteer Time when you cook at the House and included on your end-of-year tax statements.
- Dinners right now are running between $80 to $120
- If the restaurant you use doesn’t deliver but offers to take out, you are more than welcome to pick it up and drop it off at Guest Services….we’d love to see your smiling faces!!
- If you have food delivered, we would love for you to share your generosity on social media and tag RMHC CharlestonJ
- We do not have any guests with specific dietary needs
- All food deliveries will come to 81 Gadsden St, Charleston, SC 29401, and must be delivered to the “back” door on the side of the House opposite Calhoun St.
- Please follow all safety and health protocols when delivering, follow social distancing, and wear a mask
Please consider this option, as it helps us to stay more connected and involved with you, and our families are so appreciative of your kindness. Click on the link below to sign up, and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email me.
Contact Abby at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!